It is important to be able to evaluate how loan ratings have changed over time. For example, what percentage of loans that were originally rated a 2 are still rated a 2, what percent have declined to 3, to 4, etc. Madison’s commercial loan software allows you to prepared detailed analysis of these trends for your commercial loan portfolio.
That analysis can be filtered by a variety of factors:
- Loan Origination Date. If, for example, you feel that loans originated in the year 2005 and 2006 were underwritten more aggressively, you can filter the report to include only loans originated in 2005 and 2006 so you can better understand how the ratings of these loans have changed.
- Collateral Type. How have the ratings of loans collateralized by a particular collateral type changed over time? You can filter reports by one or more collateral types.
- Geographic Market or Region. Some geographic regions or markets may have experienced greater weakness than others so it will be important to understand how the ratings for loans from these locations have changed over time.
- Other Filter Categories. The Madison commercial loan software allows you to filter by many other loan characteristics so that you can best understand how ratings have migrated.
- Combine filters. Filters can be combined for greater depth of analysis. For example, you can evaluate loans in a particular market(s) that were originated in 2005 and 2006. Or loans collateralized by (a) office properties (b) in a particular market(s) (c) that were originated in a particular year(s).
For presentation purposes, the Madison commercial loan software provides a summary matrix that displays percentages, a summary matrix that displays dollar amounts, and a detailed matrix that shows the performance of each loan.